 CAD / Development / 5944
Re: Where does a parts author go next?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 22:36:24 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Ryan Farrington writes:
I have just finished making Tile 1  x  2 with Ice Planet Controls Pattern
and I need to know what I do with it now.  Do I send the file to
lugnet.cad.dat.parts for review?

Thanks,
--Ryan

E-mail: ryanjf@ifriendly.com
Website: http://home.ifriendly.com/~fourfarrs/home.htm

It is a good idea to send it to that newsgroup for comment (but don't expect • to
get heaps of praise or any comment there). If you don't get any criticism
though, then parts for the next voting should be sent to partsref@ldraw.org.

However, if you are concerned about wasting time, before authoring a new part
please take a look at the (temporary) Parts Tracker
(http://home.swipnet.se/~w-20413/ttracker/ttracker.htm). Here you will see • that
I completed this part and posted to LUGNET at
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=1832, back in November. If yours is a
significant improvement then it may still be worth sharing it.

Apologies if your lack of awareness of the parts tracker has meant a lot of
wasted time.

Regards, Chris

Seems it might be parts@ldraw.org (not partsref@ldraw.org as on the "Contact
Us" page on www.ldraw.org), as email to partsref@ldraw.org does bounce. I've