 CAD / Development / 5906
5905  |  5907
Subject:
Mac - BrickDraw3D Update Jan 29
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 00:43:05 GMT

New version of BrickDraw3D from Jan 29.

"It's not perfect but it's getting pretty good. "

Good news:

1. It's about 10% faster and the color bugs are gone.
2. You can drag parts in 3D with the mouse (more details on the webpage.)
3. I changed all the edge colors from gray to the LDRAW scheme of
complementary colors. (They are nice colors.)

Over two weekends, I rewrote all the geometry code. This puts future
development on a firmer footing. I'm hoping for a big speedup next.

The bad news:

1. I screwed up the coordinate system. All models show up with left flipped
to right. I didn't notice it until I went to update the web page. It'll be
fixed in next weekend's release because it's not trivial to fix (it was but
it's not...)

2. Right now, there are no constraints on dragging pieces inside other
pieces. Soon, pieces will snap into correct places and refuse to go inside
other pieces--I'm working on it.

3. Sticker files ("s\965p07") still show up as missing piece errors, even if
you have them.

4. Some models load more slowly, some now load more quickly. Be patient,
your Mac is not frozen up. (I would like to add a progress bar, for sure.)

The URL:

http://olson.pair.com/brickdraw3d/

-Erik