 CAD / Development / 589
588  |  590
Subject:
Bezier Curves/Surfaces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 00:29:07 GMT

  Hi,

  This might be a little off-topic but I'm working on a terrain
generator for LeoCAD so this still has to do with Lego and CAD.
  I'd like to know if anyone here have experience with bezier curves
because I'd like to improve the way I'm calculating the surfaces. I'm
using the De Casteljau's algorithm and I've been told that the Bernstein
(polynomials) method is faster but I couldn't find any good source of
information about it.
  I need to make the tesselation as fast as possible because I'm
planning to have different levels of detail for objects close and away
from the camera.

Leonardo