 CAD / Development / 5399
5398  |  5400
Subject:
See HERE for Win95 Fix
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 07:27:46 GMT

It has been brought to my attention that v0.9.1 is incompatible with Win95.
This is due to a screwup on my part in using a function call that didn't
exist in Windows 95.  I have zipped up a replacement .exe file which fixes
the problem (by using three other Win95-compatible functions to produce the
same results).  If you use Windows 95, you will need to download the
following (in addition to the full version 0.9.1):

http://home.san.rr.com/tcobbs/LDView/LDV091Fix.zip

This zip file contains a replacement for LDView.exe which should be
extracted into the same directory where you placed LDView v0.9.1.  When
(if?) prompted to replace the existing LDView.exe file, answer yes.  The
replacement exe file also contains a tentative fix for the command line file
specification, but I am unsure at this time if that bug is fixed or not.
For anyone interested, the About LDView... panel on the updated exe lists
the version as 0.9.1b.

If you want to hold off for a full update, I will hopefully be releasing one
in the not too distant future.  Unless there are significant other problems,
the next full release is still likely to be v1.0.  As always, let me know if
you have any comments or questions.

Oh, and for those of you who are averse to reading the help, the cutaway
feature introduced in v0.9.1 is accessed by zooming in while holding down
the control key.  Note that there is unlikely to be any immediate result, as
the cutting plane has to first get to the near edge of your model.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@san.REMOVE.rr.com)