 CAD / Development / 5380
Re: More tips for L3P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 17:01:52 GMT

Manfred,

Well, I'm sorry, but though I did follow all your instructions completely
(I think) none of them really fixed my problem, but they did give me
insight into how to write a Batch file. Here's what I did to get L3P to
run correctly:

I put L3P.exe in the C:\ldraw directory.  I found that I needed to write
SET LDRAWDIR=C:\LDRAW and  PATH=%PATH%;C:\LDRAW\MODELS  in Dos, and I
could then run L3P.  I thought it would be easier if I didn't have to
type those every time, so I wrote a batch file with the contents

@ECHO OFF
SET LDRAWDIR=C:\LDRAW
PATH=%PATH%;C:\LDRAW\MODELS

and titled it RUN.bat.  So now, when I opened the shortcut, all I had to
do was type RUN, which would set the paths, and then type my ldraw or l3p
commands.

At one point when I was in the L3P shortcut properties, I saw under the
tab "Program" was an option called "Batch File."  So now I typed in
there, C:\LDRAW\RUN.BAT.  Now when I open the shortcut, it automatically
runs the batch file, and I can immediately run ldraw or l3p.

I do appreciate your help,
--Ryan

Lugnet member #517
E-mail: Ryanjf2@juno.com