 CAD / Development / 5352
Re: More tips for L3P
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:16:17 GMT

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 Manfred Moolhuysen writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Ryan J. Farrington writes:
I still have some trouble with L3P not finding my model files, but • that
probably has to do with the paths. I'll have to work on it.

Try this: assume you have L3P.exe in the C:\Pov directory, the Ldraw
programs
in the C:\Ldraw directory, and the shortcut for L3P I've described
previously.
With Notepad you make a new file with the following content:

@ECHO OFF
SET LDRAWDIR=C:\LDRAW
C:\POV\L3P.EXE %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 | more

Save it as L3P.bat in the C:\Ldraw directory (and yes, this was good
old DOS
batch-file programming)

Now change the properties of the shortcut, so that C:\Ldraw is the
working
directory. Now, when you've open a DOS-window through the shortcut,
and you
type L3P <something>, this will run L3P.bat instead of L3P.exe and
this
ensures that some usefull settings will be done, before the batch
file calls
the real L3P program.

The SET LDRAWDIR line shows L3P where it can find the Ldraw tree it
has to
search through, in case you provide a model filename whithout a path
if front
of it.
The %1 to %5 signs allow you to enter command line parameters when
you run the
L3P.bat file, such as options, modelname and povpath. They ensure
that these
parameters are being handed over to the L3P.exe program.
The | more bit breaks up the screen output into readable pages when
the number
of lines eventualy happens to exceed the Screen Buffer Size Heigth.

Greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Well, Manfred, I followed your instructions but it didn't seem to work.
However, by typing the path to my \ldraw\models directory and seting
Ldrawdir=C:\ldraw, I was able to run L3P and render my models in POV-Ray.

Thanks for your help,
--Ryan

Lugnet member #517
E-mail: Ryanjf2@juno.com