 CAD / Development / 4847
Re: Planes & Requirements for a generic download-tool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 19:28:03 GMT

Michael Lachmann wrote:

I saw that it is possible to extract the executables Ledit.exe and
Complete.exe using WinZip and I will check if it is also possible using GZip.
If yes I will include gnu-zip code into the program to automatically unpack
the packages.

  There's a zip library at ftp.cdrom.com that is capable of extracting
files (doh !) and has an example for creating a win32 program. I forgot
the name but it should be very easy to find.

Question to Tim: Would it be possible for you to activate an ftp server at
ldraw.org where you put everything in which is download-able? This would make
the whole thing more easy to program (at least for me ...).
Another thing is that I would like to ask to include a certain text-file into
the complete.exe and updates which cleary states the which update is included
in the package so tracking would be easy.

  If you're going to do a win32 program then you can use http *very*
easily, I use wininet lib to check for new versions of LeoCAD:

  HINTERNET hHttpFile = InternetOpenUrl(session,
"http://www.leocad.org/updates.txt", NULL, 0, 0,
0);

Leonardo