 CAD / Development / 4658
4657  |  4659
Subject:
Delphi support, anyone...?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 13:50:44 GMT

Yesterday I sat all day long trying to create a very simple procedure with Borland Delphi 4 Standard version. In vain.
Today I went to work to look up a PC magazine where I knew the answer is and found at once. Of course, it was very
simple: in my first attempt, I just forgot to type 'Form1.' in the procedure header.
After that, I tried a lot of incorrect ways, some caused Delphi to crasch and some made Windows halt.

In spite of all tribulations, I still like Delphi so far. And also, Borland has given it out for free, so I don't have
to fear lawyers from ASP knocking on my door... I have borrowed a book on Delphi programming from the library, and it is
not bad, it's just that it's not always obvious where to look for the answers to my specific questions.

Is there anyone here who knows Delphi and would like to answer my beginner's questions if (read: when) I get stuck
again? I have some ideas that the LDraw Community may benefit from...

Oh, I already have one question:
Is it possible to make an array of objects, like for example TButtons? I may want to do this:
For iBtn := 1 to nBtn do
begin
  Button[iBtn].Visible := False;
end;
It's very easy to do in Visual Basic, you just copy an object and you are prompted to make an array.
Or is there a way to address Button1, Button2, Button3,... Buttonn without having to write all n lines?

TIA,
/Tore