 CAD / Development / 4650
Re: LDraw on Mac (Off Topic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 01:53:40 GMT

Now this is the true beauty of VPC.  You can just download the
executable to your Mac desktop, open VPC in window mode (as opposed to
full screen), and drag the file to your Windows desktop.  You could
download the file in the PC environment as well, but your Mac
performance is going to be better, so I'd do as much in Mac as possible.
Don't worry too much about learning Windows.  It's really not too bad
an operating system.  Just think:

contextual menus = right click
Applications folder = Program Files
Apple menu = Start menu
and the Apple/Command key = ctrl key

Your going to have to get somewhat familiar with the Windows OS to get
the most out of LDraw and the cool supporting software like MLCAD, L3p,
and POV-Ray, which is actually available for Mac.  I've gotten all these
programs to run fine on VPC, so feel free to e-mail if you need help.

What type of Mac do you have? I hope that VPC isn't too processor-intensive or anything,
because I'm running on an older PowerBase 240.

Thanks a lot for the help, though! I hope to install VPC either today or tomorrow.

Sonny

Unfortunately VPC is rather processor-intensive.  I have a G3 Powerbook
266 and Windows 98 runs pretty dern slow.  However it is liveable and I
have also ran VPC on my Performa 6400/200 at about 486 speeds.  Good luck!