 CAD / Development / 4526
Re: Subparts for Black Falcon and Wolfpack Patterns ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:17:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee wrote:

When I fix the bowties in the Black Falcon and Wolfpack shields (this • weekend),
would it be more sensible to make each pattern a subpart (or two), which • could
be shared between shields, torsos and flags, scaled appropriately? If I had
done this to start with Jonathan would not have perpetrated my bowtie • errors.

That sounds like a reasonably good idea. :)

Steve
--
Reduce, reuse, recycle ... bits

I am proposing an alternative way of handling the castle logos which are • common
to the shields, torsos and flags. I have put the logos into subparts. It also
seems to make sense to synchronise the Pxx number across all parts. Since • these
are common to several parts I have called them logo43... and logo44..., since
43 and 44 are close to the Pxx numbers for other castle torsos and offer least
conflict with existing parts (2345p44 is the Blacktron I Castle Wall).

These logo parts are scaled/positioned for the shields, but can then be scaled
down and repositioned for the torsos and flags, as Jonathan Wilson already did
from the original shield postings - Jonathan if you are OK to rework your
already posted parts (as ...p43 and ...p44), please do so, otherwise please • let
me know and I will do it.

Black Falcon - separate subparts for each colour - because on the shields the
pale colour is white, but on the torsos it is silver - and the silver needs to
be a subpart anyway for some renderers to work correctly.

3846p43.dat       Main Black Falcon Shield Part including border in colour 16
s\3846s01.dat     Shield without front surface - hard coded in grey
s\logo43a.dat     Black Falcon Pattern - Dark side (normally black)
s\logo43b.dat     Black Falcon Pattern - Light side (white or silver)

Wolfpack - separate subparts for each colour - because the face is silver and
the border is actually maroon (not brown as proviously coded) - and these need
to be subparts anyway for some renderers.

3846p44.dat       Main Wolfpack Shield Part
s\3846s01.dat     Shield without front surface
s\logo44a.dat     Wolfpack Pattern - Wolf Face (normally silver)
s\logo44b.dat     Wolfpack Pattern - Background (normally black)
s\logo44c.dat     Wolfpack Pattern - Border (normally maroon)

I will post the new MPD files on the original threads,
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=977
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=978
but please comment here if you have comments to make on this proposal.

I'll hold off sending them in for the voting until this is agreed.

Chris

Having now looked in more detail at the torsos, I will probably modify this
proposal. On the torsos the _shield_ is a very different shape and scale to the
shield part. The actual wolf and black falcon logos are scaled-down versions of
those on the shields, but the surrounding shape is different, so I cannot
easily re-use the mask around the logo. I'll do what I can to maximise re-use.
I have yet to check the flags, and not sure I even have a black falcon flag -
is this only in 6074?

Chris