 CAD / Development / 4525
Re: what is legos official view of ldraw?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:45:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Tim Courtney wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> wrote:

What is the official view of lego on the ldraw rendering program and
parts library?
Does TLG have anything to say about the library?
Is there anything that TLG would like us not to make and put into the
library (e.g. some of the "star wars elements")?

I hope this is the right place to post this.

AFAIK, TLG hasn't said anything officially regarding LDraw or its
parts libraries.  I believe LDraw as a freeware program is well within
its rights to contain SW elements as well.  They aren't making
official statements about it (IMO) because they have a competing
product which is far inferior (on the modelling aspect), Lego Creator.

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

I get ya. It is ok to make any lego part untill or unless TLG says
otherwise.