 CAD / Development / 4475
Re: Creating vector graphic files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:33:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jaco van der Molen writes:
Hi all!

<snip>
With the various programs, tools and technology currently available we
would, or could, use LDraw and MLCad to create the models, convert them to
DXF, import in 3D Studio (or some other 3D program) and export as
Illustrator... sigh... Then we could use a vector drawing program, like
Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Freehand or CorelDraw to make "actual"
building instructions ready for print!!! We could create "real" LEGO
instructions for our own models, like the instructions that come with the
original sets.

<snip>

Any thoughts?

--
Greetingz...

Sjaacko

There is already a .DAT to .DXF converter available for download on the net.

http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Gold/3269/

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or not, but I hope it helps.

-Duane