 CAD / Development / 4474
4473  |  4475
Subject:
Creating vector graphic files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:19:49 GMT

Hi all!

I posted this question on the 10th of December 1999 and had no reaction
since, but I cannot imagine no one is interested in this... so here I go
again, because I think this is one thing we must study! I would do it
myself, but since I am no programmer I would not know where to start...

Here goes:

With MLCad you can print out the models, right? It seems like the output is
some postscript or vector drawing format.

Would it be possible to (directly!) convert the LDraw-file format in an
Illustrator-like vector format?

With the various programs, tools and technology currently available we
would, or could, use LDraw and MLCad to create the models, convert them to
DXF, import in 3D Studio (or some other 3D program) and export as
Illustrator... sigh... Then we could use a vector drawing program, like
Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Freehand or CorelDraw to make "actual"
building instructions ready for print!!! We could create "real" LEGO
instructions for our own models, like the instructions that come with the
original sets.

I could even use Macromedia Flash to create vectorized instructions with all
interactivity and compression that Flash gives us. Imagine animating putting
parts together, transparancy view for difficult parts to spot, etc.

Any thoughts?

--
Greetingz...

Sjaacko