 CAD / Development / 441
Re: part: boat mast base 4 x 4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 19:35:32 GMT

Jonathan Wilson writes:
here is my first part made using the real part as a guideline, as people on
lugnet.cad.dev think i need to do.
the needs work tag refers to the notches on the top of the cylinder. they • would
be very hard to add.
let me nkow what you think of this part

Jonathan, you are on the right track here, but as the notches are an important
feature of the boat mast, you should work on adding them (I'll give you some
hints later).

Criticisms of part as it is:

-You need to add 4-4edge.dat's at each end of both cylinders.
-One of the stud3.dat's one the bottom is upside down (the one with a positive
1 in the YY column of the matrix)
-All of the bottom stud3.dat's are floating in space, unconnected to the
part.  You need to add quads for the face to which they should connect (at
y=4).
-Type 2 edge lines are needed at y=0 where the raised platform meets the lower
platform.

For adding the notches at top:  shorten the cylinder primitives to the point
where they are under the slots, then add cylinder primitives the heighth of
the slots.  Inline these cylinders and the ring primitive, then make
adjustments to the quads which lie where the notches should go to clear out
the notch areas.  You'll of course need to add a quad and edge lines to the
sides and bottom of the notches.

Hope this is clear enough, and that it helps.

-John Van

0 boat mast base 4 x 4 (needs work)
0 file: 6067.dat
0 author: Jonathan Wilson