 CAD / Development / 426
  Re: Java LDraw/LDLite

(...) Isn't there something you can do to have just *one* perl interpreter running, that does all the CGIing, instead of starting up all these processes? Jasper "can't imagine at what PID that server is by now" Janssen (25 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Java LDraw/LDLite

(...) You can use FastCGI ((URL) to have one process (or a fixed group of processes) serving CGI requests so you don't have the overhead of restarting the process (interpreter or otherwise) for each request. I used it for the Lego set database I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Java LDraw/LDLite

[lugnet.cad removed from Newsgroups header] (...) Yes, it's fairly easy to write an HTTP daemon in Perl. Pre-forking and load balancing and shared memory for optimal usage is a little more difficult. But in either case, it's just a one-liner in the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Feb-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)