 CAD / Development / 4242
    Re: Checking for bowtie quads? —Don Heyse
   (...) Yeah, I tried to think of a simpler way to do it myself. But all my ideas required converting the quad from 3D coords to 2D coords first so my feeble brain could handle it. :^) Don (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Checking for bowtie quads? —Damien Duquennoy
     Just a question... Does the quad should be plane, is there any problem to get 4 non-coplanar points ? Damien. (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

         Re: Checking for bowtie quads? —Leonardo Zide
     (...) Quads should be plane and follow a correct order, the points must be in a correct order. Search the old messages and you'll find several discussions about it. Leonardo (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Checking for bowtie quads? —Don Heyse
   (...) Wow, I'm glad I revisited this since I think I can save some rendering time by saving the vertex normals from the bowtie checks for the OpenGl lighting phase in LdGLite. Here is the algorithm I came up with before I decided to use the L3 code (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Checking for bowtie quads? —Rui Manuel Silva Martins
   It's funny but two weeks ago, I developed exactly this method, the one with the cross products, and all the findings you got, too. (...) Isn't 3D math a wonderfull thing P.S. Maybe if I would have look at someone elses code or book, my life could (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)