 CAD / Development / 4183
Re: New use for part #2397 Horse Hitching
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 03:04:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson writes:
In set #6579 Ice Surfer and at least one more which I have forgotten, part • #2397 "Horse Hitching" has been used for
something very different.

See http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6579-1

ref: <http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/search.cgi?q=horse>

Also see <http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6832-1> for another model
using the horse hitching differently.

This makes naming difficult, or should we still consider horse hitching as • its main purpose?
At least, we could add some more categories?

I don't think there is a *good* name or place for this unusual part, or its
counterpart.  It seems to makes sense to put the two horse hitching pieces
together (for both name & category), because they are superficially similar,
and they presumably were created for the same purpose.  But if we try to
assign names by geometry, then the pieces probably *don't* go together.
<part:2397> (the one with the cylindrical bars) might go in Plate, Bracket, or
even Bar.  <part:4587> would probably end up in Hinge.  Or they could go in
Equipment, if we ever get around to creating that particular category.

Steve