 CAD / Development / 4179
Re: New use for part #2397 Horse Hithing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 22:50:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson writes:
In set #6579 Ice Surfer and at least one more which I have forgotten, part • #2397 "Horse Hitching" has been used for
something very different.

See http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6579-1

This makes naming difficult, or should we still consider horse hitching as
its main purpose?

Seems just a bit silly to me... I mean, you name a part for the _most common_
use, right? Especially if it's ALMOST ALWAYS used for the same thing, except
for once or twice. And it's known that every rule has an exception - doesn't
mean that you have to cancel the rule, right?

If you go by the analogy you suggested... the palm tree piece has been used in
one set (the light-thingie technic Shuttle :) as something else. Does that
mean it's not a palm tree...? I don't think so.
Or, for another example... the anntena piece. It's most often used as
antennae, or perhaps a gear or switch. And it's named as an antennae (I
think). However, some sets use it as other things - a specific forestman set
(too lazy to check #) has it as a handle for the well. So do we need to change
it's name? Not in my opinion...

Just my 2 cents.

-Shiri