 CAD / Development / 411
Re: LF vs. CRLF in server .DAT script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 01:25:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:
p.s.  Paul:  while testing the change to the script, I accidentally wrote
   print "$_\013\010";
when I meant to write
   print "$_\013\012";
\010 is ASCII backspace and it caused LDLITE 1.5 to GPF on me.  No biggie but
you probably wanna know.

Grrr, where is my brain today.

I meant that I wrote
   print "$_\015\010";
when I meant to write
   print "$_\015\012";

I always get octal wrong, durnit.  (But ASCII octal values "\015\012" are more
portable than writing "\r\n" in this case, because here we specifically want
13 and 10, not whatever \r and \n happen to evaluate to.)

--Todd