 CAD / Development / 4086
Re: LDS ver 0.28
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 20:42:43 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

Any chance of getting GOSUB and RETURN?

I thought that WHILE-WEND was easy to code, but I'm having great problems with it... :(
And yes, GOSUB and RETURN have crossed my mind. Could be wrong again, but it sounds almost as easy as GOTO.

I don't think WHILE-WEND will be too hard to code, and it will pobably be added soon. I've never liked the DO syntax, it
makes me uncertain of what the code means. (But that's my opinion.) If I add WHILE-WEND to the already existing
FOR-TO-STEP-NEXT loop possibilities, I think most situations in part creation will be covered up. Or...?

Hmm.  It's your program, and you should definitely use it the way your want.
But I've always preferred DO ... LOOP over WHILE ... WEND.  It's partly because
DO ... LOOP can be either WHILE or UNTIL (avoiding weird negative tests) and
because WEND is just an odd keyword.  Where is the program wending to?

Oh dear! *sigh* If I get the time then I will return to my animation dreams using LDS.

(Actually, it took me about two years to realize that WEND was a real word, not
just a strange abbreviation).

Steve

Well, I'll think about it. In BASIC, I have always thought that it was just a strange abbreviation, and that they avoided the
easily misunderstood WHILE END.