 CAD / Development / 4085
Re: LDS ver 0.28
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:29:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Tore Eriksson wrote:

GOTO was very easy to program. :o)

Double-:)

A little more seriously now: I think it belongs to the BASIC-like syntax I have chosen. Especially in IF statements.
Anyway, noone is forced to [ab]use it.

Right!  Any chance of getting GOSUB and RETURN?

I don't think WHILE-WEND will be too hard to code, and it will pobably be added soon. I've never liked the DO syntax, it
makes me uncertain of what the code means. (But that's my opinion.) If I add WHILE-WEND to the already existing
FOR-TO-STEP-NEXT loop possibilities, I think most situations in part creation will be covered up. Or...?

Hmm.  It's your program, and you should definitely use it the way your want.
But I've always preferred DO ... LOOP over WHILE ... WEND.  It's partly because
DO ... LOOP can be either WHILE or UNTIL (avoiding weird negative tests) and
because WEND is just an odd keyword.  Where is the program wending to?
(Actually, it took me about two years to realize that WEND was a real word, not
just a strange abbreviation).

Steve