 CAD / Development / 4052
Re: stl2dat conversion tool beta2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 12:04:23 GMT

I hope I explained my self well this time.

Yes. Thanks a lot for your very clear explanations, and for the time
you passed.

You are welcome, but if you require anything else, just say so.

Note:
I found out that my CAD program, when saving an stl file, actually
gives a warning (opens dialog box) if there are any open surfaces in the
design, but lets you save anyway, should its a good practice to have all
cases covered.
Since .stl derives from Stereo Lithography, which I think is a method used
in 3D scanners, it's not entirelly unexpected that they would assume
close solids in the format.

P.S.
Does anybody have comments about those details questions I made before ?E

Rui Martins