 CAD / Development / 4014
4013  |  4015
Subject:
How is parts.lst created / solving VEC problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:09:23 GMT

Is there a description somewhere of how the parts list is created and
maintained, and changed when new updates are added?

The reason I ask is, using LDAO, I really hate it when my VEC is wider than one
screen's worth of pictures.  It appears that the screen width is determined by
the size of the images (maybe I'm wrong here).

What I'd like to do is go through and find the biggest parts and render them at
a smaller scale, so they take up less screen real estate.  I'm guessing I could
mark them as "new" somehow in the parts list and re-render them.

Also, by the same token, I'd like to be able to set up the VEC with different
colors for different parts, either changing colors when parts are replaced or
added.  Or having some parts rendered in certain colors because that's how I
visualize them -- 45-degree slope bricks, for example, will always be red in my
mind.

These are probably several separate problems/steps, and if there's a FAQ,
tutorial, readme file, or message out there somewhere that would get me
started, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
James