 CAD / Development / 3917 (-5)
  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) $100 to ship 650 cds (even with pouches) sounds high. I ordered 500 blank CDs with jewel cases that I guarantee weighed more and took up just as much room as 650 with cardboard pouches and shipping was in the thirties. (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) And DEFINITELY nix the full-color pouch or whatever it was. Full color anything is too expensive for something like this. Let the programs and the dat files wow people - don't depend on a few pretty pictures on a pouch they'll probably throw (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

(...) Well, that's a good question. There isn't much of anything that better determines who will buy it than asking people to pay for it up front, which is what I was suggesting be done with an X account. That way you don't have checks to worry (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw CD-ROM Project

How about have a submission for the CD to include models (sample models). BTW I like the idea. It would keep that LDraw folder with all the junk down! The only problem is when software is updated. -- Legoer, Adam Ogle Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldglite (ldlite for OpenGL and Linux) new stuff

(...) And earlier programs. BriCAD, L3G0, Ben's (?) POV library, VBLOCKs (an SGI GL program) and I think LegoPS (postscript) used different coordinates & units. Or at least they were all different from L3G0. (...) L3G0 call a brick a "b2x4"; BriCAD (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact