 CAD / Development / 3884
    L-Draw - Future is the Net? —Alex Farlie
   As part of my project for college I am finding that a large number of Pro Acitectural Cad systems suppourt the use of distributed libraies.(Ie you can inline parts from a remote host.) Any plans to make this possible in L-Draw? alex (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: L-Draw - Future is the Net? —Paul Gyugyi
   In LDLite on MS Windows, the .dat files are searched for for by trying to do an "OpenFile" in several directories. It would be very easy to replace the "OpenFile" with a call that gets a file via ftp or html. I dreamed of adding an attempt to get a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: L-Draw - Future is the Net? —Don Heyse
   (...) Wouldn't this be really really slow while before the web cache fills up? I suppose you could test the speed without a rewrite by samba sharing an LDRAW directory across the internet and then setting your ldrawdir path to something like (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: L-Draw - Future is the Net? —Alex Farlie
   (...) Samba use NT which is probably not the best schems to use. Unix style NFS probably- bu thier are security isssues. The way I was thinking was liek the inlining in VRML- which I think is htttp Alex. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: L-Draw - Future is the Net? —Paul Gyugyi
   People who find it slow could download a distribution to a local directory. LDRAW tools should have a search path that the user can edit, so local directories could be looked at first. Good point about testing. Mounting a drive (using whatever (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)