 CAD / Development / 292
RE: DAT voting page up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:28:14 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
POV-Ray doesn't like coincident surfaces either.

I wondered about that?  Is it a problem if the surfaces are the same
color?

No. I should have been more specific: If two surfaces coincide, the
viewing ray will due to small numerical inaccuracies sometimes hit the
one surface first and sometimes the other surface first. If the surfaces
are colored differently "bleeding" occurs. This effect can be seen in
http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/l3p_sw.html#readmore

The O in the Octan logo is round on the outside, but oval'ed
(ovoid?) on
the inside.  To make the red filled area, I've used two overlapped
rings.  The inner one is oval'ed, the outer is round, and they have a
non-uniform area of overlap.

Clever idea!
/Lars