 CAD / Development / 2805
Re: LegoCAD from Autodesk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 17:01:41 GMT

Leonardo Zide wrote:
  Yesterday I got a message from a person that said:
"In fact, LegoCad is freely available untill 30.09.1999 under
http://www.technik-LPE.com/ld_cad.htm and, as they asured me, not just
as a demo-version; so, if you are interested to compare ...:)"

I am curious, but what are the odds that this is a pirated version?  (1)
Or, at around 2 Mb, something else?  Would I need AutoCAD already installed?

  I don't speak enough german to understand what's written on that page
but it looks like the file is the complete archive (the file is smaller
than the demo). It's not worth the download IMHO but if anyone is
curious...

I ran it through Babel Fish:

http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/

The system requirements don't mention other software.  486 SX w/ math co or
better, 4Mb disk space, VGA or better.  It looks like it contains the
Mechanik I parts library, with 9630 (2) pieces.  It also looks like it can
simulate turning gears.

Has anyone else played with this yet?

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  I'm not taking any chances -- this puppy is getting three virus scans
and then installed on a dummy machine.

2.  What the--?!  Is this a part number or part count?

He stands...like some sort of...PAGAN GOD or DEPOSED TYRANT.  Staring out
over the city he's sworn to...to stare out over...  And it's evident...just
by looking at him...that he's got some PRETTY HEAVY THINGS ON HIS MIND.
- Ben Edlund, 1996