 CAD / Development / 2735
RE: POV-RAY light-green color
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:17:04 GMT

Tore Eriksson wrote:
L3P declares Color10 (Light-Green) this way:
#declare Color10 = #if (version >= 3.1) material { #end texture {
pigment { rgb <0.862745,1,0.0392157> }
finish { ambient AMB diffuse DIF }
The result is some neon yellow kinda colour.

LDraw FAQ defines light-green this way:
Light green
     LDraw: 10
     RGB: 51 255 102

I have to change the declaration this way to make it acceptable:
#declare Color10 = #if (version >= 3.1) material { #end texture {
pigment { rgb <0.2,1,0.4> }
finish { ambient AMB diffuse DIF }

I don't recall exactly why Color10 got that RGB value, but probably
because it gave the best Color42 (Transparent green-yellow)

Currently L3P uses the same RGB values for 0-15 and 32-47.
I think I should give up this. I remember that it sometimes
was difficult to find an RGB suitable for both normal AND
transparent.
/Lars