 CAD / Development / 2604
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 05:43:52 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney writes:
At 10:26 PM 8/13/99 , Larry Pieniazek wrote:

snip a good analogy...

JW is not indispensable, but neither is he firable in the work sense.

The above story is just for what it's worth. I actually agree with
almost everything everyone is saying... but I don't want us to act too
hastily.

I think too hastily would have been in February.  But now is long past
due.  He has been asked and told and demanded time upon time to change his
mannerisms, his floods of posts, and his methods of posts, and he has flat
out in our faces ignored it up until this point.  I say give it a few days
and then motion for an ultimatum if nothing changes.

Its not like the group will lose a ton.  It might just gain a ton!

-Tim <><
First I feel that I must apoligize to the Lugnet group.  I am new here and
have made several smart alec comments about Jonathan.  I did not appreciate
the scope of the problem nor the seriousness of the Lugnet users.  That said I
would like to give my two cents.
Lugnet needs to say bye bye to Jonathan.  He has ignored all requests until
now to even try and do anything requested of him.  Even the comment that maybe
he could do menial jobs was met with a request from Jonathan.
Next I had no idea just how disruptful he has been.  To make an analogy of my
own.  I have a black belt.  Jonathan is maybe a yellow belt.  Why in the world
would I tutor someone that is rude and disrespectful of me?  Also if I had a
choice of losing a black belt (or in this case many) or keeping one yellow
belt I would obviously lose the yellow belt.  I know this is a lame example
but I see the same thing happening here: which brings me to my next point.
I am personally tired of all the Jonathan threads.  It's the old the bad kid
gets all the parental attention.  I'm reading about Jonathan actually saying
he's sorry when I should be looking at someone's webpage or reading about...oh
I don't know...maybe LEGO.  I would much rather be spending my time looking at
that beautiful Dutch train station or that Mindstorms VCR, but alas here I am
posting another long note about Jonathan.  In fact I went home guilty last
night because I only commented on Jonathan and did not even mention nor praise
the Mindstorms VCR: which brings me to my last point.
I found Lugnet (LUGNET?sp) recently and was overjoyed.  I had never realized
how many adult LEGO fans are out there.  I also had never talked to anyone
about actually building.  My friends think the LEGO thing is some sort of
personality flaw.  I felt like the new kid on the outside really wanting to be
part of the group.  I watched for 3-4 weeks before I even posted a message.
As a result I feel like I sort of know the regulars.  I also feel like the
other LUGNET users are my friends.  I am just plain ol' annoyed that so much
attention is being given to Jonathan rather than the other wonderful,
contributing people on this site.  That positive love for LEGO is being
overshadowed by the "what should we do with Jonathan" question.
I'm done writing.  Enough said.  Todd, consider this my vote for getting rid
of Jonathan.  I want the other LUGNET back where people post about LEGO.
Ranting and Raving,  Bryce McGlone