 CAD / Development / 2601
2600  |  2602
Subject:
1060 ways to connect 3 bricks (was Re: i admit i was wrong)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 04:42:40 GMT

"Tom McDonald" <radiotitan@spamcake.yahoo.com> writes:
Thanks Todd. The way I see it is that he has plenty of enthusiasm, but
just isn't cut out for the part-designing facet of Legodom. But as the
CLSotW has pointed out, there are 1,060 ways to connect 3 8-stud bricks, • so
there's got to be a way he can contribute.

Those 1060 connections are just considering right angle, studs up
connections, though.  As we all know by now, that isn't the only way to
think:
With 2x4 *bricks* only, you can't do much more than studs up, but you can
still rotate through a wide angle by connecting with only one stud.
2x4 plates are another matter entirely--you can start wedging the plates
between studs.  Who can come up with the best model using only 2x4
plates? :)
--Bram