 CAD / Development / 2573
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 18:54:52 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:37b44e0d.143876736@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> writes:
[...]
Is it possible that certain people have let JW get under their skin to
the point that their emotions may be interfering with their ability to
be rational and fair?

Sure, that's always possible.  On the other hand, perhaps they have finally
let JW under their skin to the point that their emotions finally allow them
to be rational and fair -- finally seeing the problem for what it is, in
other words -- and wanting to do something about it instead of ignoring it.

Yup.  When it's just things that annoy me a little, I overlook them as I have a rather high tolerance for such things.  But when it
begins to really harm the community, that's when I start to get "emotional."  When I see valued members of this community being
publicly disrespected (like Onyx just recently, or Steve Bliss some time ago) and hear about people who are less interested in
participating because of one person, I think restricting that one person becomes perfectly rational and quite fair.

Show me someone with their emotions up at this point and I'll show you
someone who's been very patient and rational for months, and who is finally
now quite sick of all Jonathan's clowning around and would like him to
please stop it once and for all.

I think I fit in this category.  JW's promise to stop making incessant requests would go a long way, and concentrating on one or two
parts will help, but he also needs to make some very public appologies to specific people, both here and on RTL.

Someone be sure and let me know if he does, as I seem to be having a certain problem with me newsreader right now ;-)

Until then, maybe we should look at more general ways to improve the lugnet.cad.* newsgroups to lure back the likes of Joshua.
Can't we please find a good part name to argue about?

-John Van