 CAD / Development / 2564
Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:32:07 GMT

I don't read lugnet.cad.dev, but I still see enough annoying traffic
from Jonathan. In fact, he even has made demands of me (he asked once
about instructions for a set, of which I happened to have enough copies
I was willing to MAIL him a copy, his response was "don't you have a
scanner?" - I do, but it's not a full page scanner, and I rarely use it,
I've got better things to do than play with a scanner whereas I can
stuff an instruction booklet in a recycled mailer while I'm waiting for
my e-mail to download or whatever).

I was willing to give Jonathan the benefit of the doubt a couple months
ago. Unfortuanately his habits have not noticeably improved, and what's
more, he's pissing others off to the point that I have to wade through
their posts also.

Some situations I see Jonathan's behavior as similar to (not necessarily
analogous of):

- A smoker who won't smoke in the designated areas

- A pushy person who barges into a party and interrupts conversations
demanding attention

I don't like having to punish people, and want to go the extra mile
before taking drastic action. I think in this case we've gone the extra
light year...

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com