 CAD / Development / 2541
Re: 30373 - tie fighter wing piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:02:08 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999 12:27:05 GMT, Adrian Drake <tremor@apk.net> wrote:

I've a question about 30373, the big square-ish 6x6x2 block with the
cutouts used on the wings for the TIE fighter and Sith Infiltrator.  I
saw that many moons ago (April) Steve Bliss had cobbled together a .dat
mockup for this part.  Has it been finished?  I checked the part tracker
and saw no reference to it.   I've just started using LDraw, and must
say it's a way nifty tool.  Thanks to everyone who's worked on it and
the .dat files, as well as LDAO and LDLite.

I posted the mockup without intention of finalizing the piece.  That's why
I didn't register anything on the Parts Tracker.

However, if someone else wants to finish the part, the mockup file may be a
good starting point.  If I remember correctly, the only thing that needs
finishing is the inside of the inverted-slope sections.  Which means doing
three distinct odd-shaped tubes to finish up the studs, reflecting one of
these tubes to finish the fourth stud, and then mirroring/rotating the
whole mess around to make the other 3 matching sections.

That's too bad.  If I knew anything at all about how to make parts, I'd
consider
taking it up, but I suspect the results won't be worth the effort.  Maybe I'll
just
use the mockup in my set.  Unless some kind soul out there is willing to take
up
the project and finish this piece.

Adrian