 CAD / Development / 2258
    Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention? —Chris Dee
   (...) Would the plan be to include images for each part in each known colour? For the decorated parts, at least, I would prefer that the image uses a real life background colour rather than the default grey. As a reference for parts sales, etc it (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

        Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention? —Tore Eriksson
     (...) Why not add some new meta-commands? Either: 0 DEAFULTS COLOUR=15 ZOOM=150 (or 1.5) Or: 0 DEFAULT COLOUR 15 0 DEFAULT ZOOM 1.5 ... In fact, parts of the database could be hosted in the parts' .DAT files (to be continued in my posting subjected (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention? —Frank Filz
     (...) One neat thing that can be done if the pictures are served up by a cgi script is to store only a single image, but go in and modify the color before shipping it out. Of course you would need a standard set of color names, and a syntax for (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

        Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention? —Steve Bliss
   (...) I hope not. That would limit the site to serving up images in predefined colors. Two bad results: the list of predefined colors could become outdated, and some people might have a reason for making up their own color values for parts. I'd (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)