 CAD / Development / 22
Re: Proposal for Revised Memorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 22:58:00 GMT

At 03:36 PM 2/9/99 +0000, Mike Stanley wrote:
Unless, of course, Jacob didn't host it and we needed to get some sort
of inexpensive real webhosting account.  I know pair.com, where my
domain lives, has a $5.95 per month account, although that is ftp only
with no telnet access.  Checking their page shows they have an
$8.95/mo account with telnet access.

I believe Osiris (my provider) is slightly cheaper.  Well, that depends on
how much space pair.com gives with its $6/mo accounts.  Osiris gives 15mb
for $5.00/month and one email address (additional $10/yr or something like
that).  Anyways, it looks like Jacob will be hosting it, and I think that
is wisest because the site can be accessed at either www.ldraw.org or
hugin.risoe.dk/whatever it is - so people don't need to go through those
annoying 'site has moved' pages.

BTW, I gotta take down my old Zacktron site along with the old ring site
(new one going up today or tomorrow) and replace them with 'this site has
moved' pages..

All of that may be moot if we already have a place for it to live, but
if for whatever reason we didn't, any surplus could be applied to
that.

Ok..

I kinda liked the idea of selling $10 or $20 CDs with collections of
models on them.  Nothing wrong with that if most of the money went
into the web-hosting, etc.

It is a nice idea, we can still do it too, if we just make enough to cover
costs of manufacturing and shipping - no personal profit for the disks.
Unless it is considered acceptable for the person who burns the CDs to
recieve a couple bucks for their efforts..

Keep Building!!

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com

AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

Lego Insults:
Your mother was a TYCO fig and your father played with Megabloks!!

LEGO: SP++++c(6973)[ip++++ bt2++++ ex+++ ft+++ sp+++ ut++]
AQ+++(6175)[an+++ as++ hn-- sr--] TO++[ob+ dv+ tc-- tt-- tjr.---] TC++ CA+
PI+ BV--- DU--- HM--- S+ LS>+++  #++++  Hal M+ A+ YB82m