 CAD / Development / 13
Re: Proposal for Revised Memorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 15:36:55 GMT

Tim Courtney <tcourtney@avenew.com> wrote:
Likewise, heck I'd even go 10. And further, I volunteer to be the collection
point and trustee for any surplus, as I do this sort of thing already on
behalf of several people worldwide.

Here's what I suggest, that once we identify that we want to do this and
that we have an ISP lined up to host, everyone send me 5, or more if they
wish... I'll post when we have enough.

I would suggest if you're going to be collecting that you ask people how
much they are donating and tally it up so you don't get over the amount..
My $.02.

(Guess posting from e-mail isn't going to work without a lot of effort
on my part since it isn't being passed with reply-to's set to the
group.  Oh well, I can still archive posts.)

Unless, of course, Jacob didn't host it and we needed to get some sort
of inexpensive real webhosting account.  I know pair.com, where my
domain lives, has a $5.95 per month account, although that is ftp only
with no telnet access.  Checking their page shows they have an
$8.95/mo account with telnet access.

All of that may be moot if we already have a place for it to live, but
if for whatever reason we didn't, any surplus could be applied to
that.

I kinda liked the idea of selling $10 or $20 CDs with collections of
models on them.  Nothing wrong with that if most of the money went
into the web-hosting, etc.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide