 CAD / Development / 2186
Re: Mindstorm Part Numbers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 14:39:24 GMT

Has anyone tried this?  This would be a boon to good numbers for LDraw.

-John Van

Robert Munafo <munafo@gcctech.com> wrote in message news:FE5sz6.Lu0@lugnet.com...
John (and anyone else involved in part number research)

Have you considered writing to LEGO Consumer Affairs? I just called their
office in Enfield, CT, USA and they suggested that if I write to them they
could give me some part numbers, as long as I don't have a long list. The
address they gave me was Consumer Affairs, LEGO Systems Inc, PO Box 1138,
Enfield CT 06083-1138. If you're in a different country, it might be better for
you to contact a different office. Start at
http://www.lego.com/info/addresses/default.asp and select your country.

The person I talked to was fairly positive and understood my motivations when I
explained that people inventory sets in order to keep track of what sets to buy
in order to get certain parts for their custom designs. I also mentioned that I
was doing this to build robots for Mindstorms so she understood that I was
pretty serious. She pointed out that they had longer part numbers they use for
customer service (when customers ask for replacements for lost parts) and I
explained why I was interested in the "mold" part numbers.

- Robert Munafo

In lugnet.robotics, John VanZwieten writes:
This is for those of you who have disassembled your RCX and/or sensors.  Can
you find Lego part numbers for parts such as the tops of the sensors, RCX
top, battery box, IR receiver, electric contact plates, buttons, A/C plug,
etc.?

I have modeled these parts in Ldraw, and would like as many official numbers
as possible.

Thanks for any help,

-John VanZwieten