 CAD / Development / 2170
2169  |  2171
Subject:
Generating Ldraw pieces with consistent face orientation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:32:26 GMT

Hello!

After several months of coding, and after reading an old thread about
'face orientation' in Ldraw files (I can only remember L. Zide was
involved here, but can't remember his 'opponent's name), I now have a
bunch of Java code to automatically generate
Ldraw files with a consistent face orientation.

I hope this kind of tools can help guys who have to cope with others
tools that require consistent face orientation and point order.

I have to say that I'm not ready to send a version for public release,
but if some Ldraw'ers are willing to beta test the tool in its current
state, I'll appreciate the help! 1300+ pieces to check is really a tough
job, and I don't have so many time to spend alone with my computer due
to my father's position!

I also look for hints, ideas and information's sharing about this
'orienter' tool. BTW, I have to thank publicly L. Zide for exchanging
ideas about the orienter since 6 months or so...

Finally, I also developed some draft Java3D code to debug my tool. I
hope I'll have time to go several steps further. Anyone interested in it
is also welcome...

Thanks in advance for the help!

bye
jp