 CAD / Development / 1912
Re: Pneumatic air tank
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 29 May 1999 07:47:24 GMT

On Fri, 28 May 1999 11:42:20 GMT, Fredrik Glöckner
<fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:

I'm thinking about modeling the pneumatic air tank.  But there is one
problem: I do not know what the tank looks like on the inside.  With
this in mind, does it make sense to model only the _outside_ of the
tank?

Fredrik

I think you should cut one in half.

Just kidding!  The outside is all you can reasonably be expected to see, so
that is all that is required.  I would suggest that you might want to give the
walls a little thickness, and make the interior surface a rough approximation
of what it might be like, just in case someone wants to make a transparent
tank.  But don't knock yourself out over it.

BTW, Martyn just sent me the old files of several pneumatic pieces made by
Jeroen Ottens.  I am going to contact Jeroen and see what the status of these
parts are.  So we may be seeing those pieces soon as well.  These include the
switch, the small cylinder, and the triple joint.

-- Terry K --