 CAD / Development / 1892
Re: 1-4cone1.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 13:15:45 GMT

On Thu, 27 May 1999 06:56:59 GMT, "Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com>
wrote:

Terry wrote:
And I routinely add a final 0 line to _every_ file I get.
Just in case.

What case?
Who needs this final 0 line and what for?

I *think* LEdit tags every model file with a final 0 line.  Maybe it's
probably almost entirely unnecessary.  Just a historical holdover.  I'm a
believer in redundancy for human readability, and that lone 0 on the bottom
of a file shows me that the file is complete.

This format might have (I didn't check at the time) saved LDLite's butt in
the first few versions, when LDLite had problems with files ending/not
ending with a final line break.

Steve