 CAD / Development / 1658
Re: Working on Part 30384
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 13:39:57 GMT

Karim <knassar@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:37378F61.BEDC199A@mindspring.com...
I just started part 30384, the Naboo Fighter Canopy.  I have a couple of
questions:

1) There is a little divvet on the nose of the canopy.  This seems to be
a molding artifact, but it looks like it is a regular and prominent
one.   Should this be included in the part?

Nah.  Too much trouble and it will make the piece look worse, not better.  I'm
going to leave it out on the X-Wing canopy as well.

2) There are molding lines at the edges between the vertical surfaces
and the curved surface, as well as between the differently sloped
sections of the curved surface.  Should these lines be modeled?  If so,
in what color?  Or shuld they be Optional Lines?

I was considering doing this piece the other day, and I think I concluded that
color 24 edge-lines should be used because of the way the front rounded surface
meets the side and top surfaces (and the way the two rounded sections meet).
It's not an entirely "smooth" contact point, and the angle of incidence is
enough to be pretty obvious when looking at the part.

-John Van