 CAD / Development / 1528
Re: Program to create TLG style instructions from .dat files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:43:06 GMT

Owen Stenseth wrote:

Hello,

What I would like to see (or am willing to try building) is a program
that scans the .dat files and generates (for each step) a .dat that
shows the parts (similar to LEGO instructions).

  Have you ever tried the HTML export from LeoCAD ? It has an option to
do exactly that.

I would also see the ability to put in directives like "model this step
from the bottom since all the pieces go on the bottom" into the .dat
file. (Just like that really :-))

  You can do that too, take a look at the step 5 from the sample I've
uploaded to
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/3479/sample/Untitled-index.htm

To take it one step further you could have sub steps similar to the ones
that TLG uses.

  That's a little more complicated.

Is anyone working on something like this? Would anyone find it useful?
If I can generate HTML stepped instructions with piece lists for each
step how would that be? I know that there is a HTML instruction
generator in one of the programs now but I cannot remember it's
functionality or what program it was.

  You can choose if you want to see pictures or only text or if you want
to see the bricks that were added on each step highlighted.

Leonardo