 CAD / Development / 1319
RE: [ldraw.org] L3P Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:57:24 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:
Well, I tried messing with some l3p stuff this morning to
generate an image for ldraw.org I would like to use.
I would like a red 2x3 brick with the -q3 level with 'Lego'
on the studs.  I can't get the right camera angle for l3p
or in the Povray source though.  I want a similar 3d view
on the element that is given in ledit, ldraw, and ldlite.
For some reason I couldn't achieve that.  Could someone
inform me the proper l3p command line for this?

The proper command line (for the beta (1) with -c option) is:
  l3p -q3 -c4 3002   (2)
If you then render 3002.pov, you should have similar 3d view.
Otherwise you will have to explain in which way it differs.
If you think it has too much 3D perspective (fish-eye effect)
please see: http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/l3p_ca.html
/Lars

1. http://www.netby.net/Nord/Mandelvej/Hassing/test/l3pb.zip

2. For older versions of L3P (without the -c option) you have
two choices of achieving the result:
a) Create a temporary model file (xx.dat) with the text
"1 4  0 0 0  1 0 0  0 1 0  0 0 1 3002.dat" and call L3P:
   l3p -q3 xx
b) edit the .POV file and change the gray to red.