 CAD / Development / 11039
  Re: XP File Search Refuses To Search .LDR Files!

(...) Yeah, and the "improvements" in Vista and Windows 7 are, as far as I'm concerned, even worse. Also, I'm not sure how XP behaves, but in Vista/Windows 7 if you have indexing turned on and search new files, it will silently not return any (...) (15 years ago, 21-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: XP File Search Refuses To Search .LDR Files!

(...) This is true in XP as well if you have "Windows Desktop Search" (or something similar) installed. I wish I could disable *that*. (15 years ago, 22-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: XP File Search Refuses To Search .LDR Files!

(...) I'm using WinGrep ((URL) and/or Copernic Desktop Search ((URL) for local searching, and have turned off all Windows indexing. Copernic is awfully fast (but it creates huge indexes), while WinGrep is better (IMO) for source code searches. The (...) (15 years ago, 22-Dec-09, to lugnet.cad.dev)