 CAD / Development / 10742 (-20)
  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Additionally, LDView is hard-coded to look in the <LDrawDir>/Unofficial/Parts and <LDrawDir>/Unofficial/p directories when it doesn't find a part in its search path. It then attempts to download unofficial parts from the part tracker into that (...) (16 years ago, 24-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) The LSC voted on that, and officially declined to specify an official location for unofficial parts. (...) You have to install the dev tools from the OS CD (DVD?) that came with your Mac. They aren't installed by default (which is probably a (...) (16 years ago, 24-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) LDView and MLCad shows a way for solving this issue. In the MLCad.ini you can define alternate search path for parts, so you do not have to mix official and unofficial parts. Also LDView has the possibility to search in different directories. (...) (16 years ago, 24-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) I think those and other development tools are available as an optional install from your system DVD, if they're not already present on the machine. Jim (16 years ago, 23-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) You are more knowledgable on this topic than I am. As far as the assembly images go, at least for now I'm at the mercy of LDGlite. I've made good use of the superb document and specifications on LDraw.org. I want to thank all involved in (...) (16 years ago, 23-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote: Hi Kevin, (...) I was refering to the use of unofficial and custom parts and the possibilities to include them into BI without the need to store them in the <LDRAWDIR>Parts folder or include them in (...) (16 years ago, 23-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Hi Willy, Thanks! Background images are already in as is ldconfig.ldr. The arrows come from your generator in MLCad. When you say unofficials and custom folders, what are you thinking? Since it uses ldglite, there are some rederer features I (...) (16 years ago, 22-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) custom folders, background images ... furthermore are those arrows coming from MLCad or has 4.0 its own generator? w. (16 years ago, 22-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

(...) Thank you to those of you that responded to this here or via email; I now have some good feedback, and it appears to be working correctly on quad-core machines. If anyone has access to a quad-core (or more) Linux box or Mac, I'd still like to (...) (16 years ago, 14-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Thanks Jim! I've spent weeks of vacation time working on this. Good thing I have a lot more. Kevin (16 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) It looks like this project is coming along nicely! Great work. Jim (16 years ago, 13-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

(...) I actually saw the "ideal num threads" call in the QT 4 documentation when I was trying to figure out how to get the number of CPUs on a Linux box. However, even though the sysconf calls are in a QT-only section of LDView's code, I can't use (...) (16 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

(...) I recently bought an AMD Phenom Quad core running vista 64 bit. I gladly do some tests if you want. I did some thread programming myself and discovered memory/disk bandwidth is the real bottleneck with modern cpu's, just can't get enough data (...) (16 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

Hi folks, For those interested, I thought I'd give you a peek at LPub 4.0's GUI. I started with and LPub free file well, except for PLI sub kind of metas. I converted the submodels to callouts, placed the callouts, added pointers to the calloutss, (...) (16 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

(...) Hi Travis, Qt 4 provides threads. It can tell you how many ideal threads there are (presumably the number of hardware strands). Yes, the instruction set is SPARC, with 64 bit integer registers (31 of those), plus the usual 32, 64, 128 bit (...) (16 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

(...) Thanks. (...) Yowza! In theory it will run on Solaris as long as QT 3.3 is installed, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried that. Note also that it would have to be a 32 bit compile, which may or may not be easy on Solaris. The current source (...) (16 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

(...) Hi Travis, Congratulations on getting SMP working in LDView. If you can run on Solaris, I have an 8 core with 8 hardware thread box in my office I could try things on. Maybe you'll only use 32 given the above algorithm. I have access to a two (...) (16 years ago, 12-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Any LDView users with quad-core machine?

I'm working on SMP support in LDView, and I'd like to have someone with a machine with 4 CPU cores test it to see if it works properly on machines with more than 2 CPU cores (my CPU is a dual-core). (SMP is symmetric multi processing: multiple CPUs, (...) (16 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Thanks Philo! I've limited to dots per inch inch and dots per centimeter. This is nice from a formatting pespective because margins and sizes fall into smaller ranges than with inches and meters. Kevin (16 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) DPCM might be enough: Photoshop (which can be considered as a reference...) only has DPI and DPCM. Philo (16 years ago, 9-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact