 CAD / Development / 10520
10519  |  10521
Subject:
Web browser compatibility testing request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:33:57 GMT

I'm adding a new feature to LDView that will generate a parts list web page for
any model being viewed in LDView.  The HTML code that I'm generating makes heavy
use of CSS, and I don't have some browsers that users might use.  While my
output validates as HTML 4.01 Strict on the W3C validator, I know that's no
guarantee that the output will look correct on popular browers.  I've tested it
with Firefox 1.5 and IE 7.  I'd appreciate it if others could test on other
browsers that they have access to.

I have two different versions of a sample parts list at the following URLs:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/LDViewTests/pyramid.html
http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/LDViewTests/pyramid2.html

Both versions should like identical.  One uses embedded style information; the
other uses an external style sheet.  In addition to the two versions looking the
same on any given browser, they should look very similar to the following image:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/LDViewTests/PyramidPartsList.png

Could people please take a look at the web pages above and tell me how they look
on the following browsers?

Internet Explorer 6
Netscape Navigator (any version)
Opera (any version)

(I haven't tested on Safari yet, but I do have access to that, and will do so
myself.)  Please note that the part images are links to the corresponding Peeron
part pages.  When you hover the mouse over them, they are supposed to have their
background highlighted in very pale blue.

If you have any comments or suggestions about the layout/look of the page, feel
free to post those also, but I may or may not act on any suggestions posted.
Note that the column order (as well as which columns to show and whether or not
to include the Peeron part images) can be configured in LDView prior to
generating the html page.

Thanks in advance.

--Travis