 CAD / Development / 10513
10512  |  10514
Subject:
LSynth electric cable cross section oriention problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2006 18:01:06 GMT

Hi,

  I've got a reworked version of LSynth with a major problem...  I cannot figure
out how to control the twist of the cross section.

  I use bezier curve to created the nicely curved set of points, and compress it
by tossing out points until the angle between the two lines formed by three
consecutive points exceeds a user controllable threshold.

  I use an unofficial LDraw port that has a tab on the side to let the user to
control cross section orientation.  But I cannot figure out how to map the
orientation of the tab to the cross sections spit out by LSynth.

  Does anyone have any ideas?

Kevin