 CAD / Development / 10481
Re: What does a subpart with color=24 mean?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:34:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
Well, doing grep '^1 24 ' on the parts files shows that some parts do
exactly that, which is why I was asking.

Actually, that grep doesn't return anything.  '^[ \t]*1 24' does return hits
from three files, though.  Every single place in the library that this is used,
it's used in a reference to one of the edge primitives.  The edge primitives use
color 24 internally, and it appears that the parts authors for these parts
misunderstood this.  I'm not 100% sure, but I strongly believe that these are
all errors.  This suspicion on my part is enhanced by the fact that all three
parts have visible errors that aren't related to this.

Having said this, I did a check with L3Lab, MLCad, and LDView.  All three
programs act as though 16 had been used as the color for the type 1 line.  L3Lab
spits out errors stating explicitly that it has done this.  I don't recall
having specifically coded this behavior into LDView, but I wrote the
color-handling code there quite a while ago.

I'd say that if you want to be consistent with other renderers, you're best off
interpreting that 24 as a 16.

--Travis