 CAD / Development / 10480
Re: What does a subpart with color=24 mean?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:22:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
Okay... that makes sense.

But what if the contrast color for the current file's main color is just
an RGB value rather than a color index?   What should the subfile's
contrast color be set to in that case?

In the case of some kind of direct color, I guess the rendering program is free
to do whatever it wants.  The simplest action would be to default to black
(either LDraw 0, or RGB #000000).

I'd be interested to hear what actual rendering programs do...

Thank you for your help, by the way.

No problem.

BTW, it looks like most instances of "1 24 ..." in the parts library are
mistakes -- all primitives are coded to be used with color 16.  Sometimes,
people assume that edge-primitives need to be given the edge-color.

Steve