 CAD / Development / 10452 (-5)
  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) That is a two pass algorithm. It's optimised by only searching files that have already appeared but the search in stage II is a second pass. Tim (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) What about the following algorithm (assuming everything is cached): - whenever a file reference is read, search for the file in the cache. if not found, add it as an empty file and flag it as 'incomplete' - whenever a 'file' is seen, search (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) It seems to me that an MPD is functionally equal to a disk folder which has been added to the (beginning of the) search path for parts. No more, no less. If a part is found in the search path it is used, if it is not found it is ignored (with (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) You're right, but Jacob invented the MPD, so I guess I just followed his wish, though I would have preferred the scoping. Also he suggests a way to get scoping anyway: "0 FILE house1/house1.dat" which nicely reflects the storage on the disk. (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MPD file loading search order

(...) Wow, that's impressive. I'm pretty sure it's accidental, too. (Accidental on my part; your L3P parser was obviously there first.) (...) LDView only has one file open at a time also (unless I'm mis-remembering my implementation), since the (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact